Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and working collaboratively with executives across the company, the Real Estate & Facilities Director will be responsible for managing Atlantic Media’s real estate activities, including lease and sublease acquisition and administration, construction management, facilities management, office safety, and office resource procurement. The ideal candidate is an experienced project manager and skilled communicator who can work productively with external partners and executive stakeholders to develop and implement real estate and facilities plans. Successful performance will require the ability to solve problems creatively; to anticipate issues before they arise; to operate with a high degree of care and accuracy; to move projects to completion; and to accomplish those goals while keeping excellent relationships, internal and external to the enterprise.
Responsibilities will include:
Lease and Portfolio Acquisition and Administration
- Administration of growing lease portfolio (which currently includes leases in North America and the United Kingdom);
- Maintaining an up to date global property database to track key lease terms and dates and lease expense payment;
- Administration of monthly rent invoices for all properties;
- Manage relationships with landlords and outsourced real estate service providers to ensure compliance with agreements, adherence to policies and standards, and maximization of cost savings opportunities;
- Maintain all property records including leases, deeds, permits, facility plans, specifications and drawings.
Construction Project Management
- Lead project planning, budgeting and approval for major projects;
- Direct in-house and outside professionals to obtain necessary permits and approvals for projects;
- With support from facilities team, oversee construction projects from design through construction, ensuring project and/or program deliverables are met on time and within budget;
- Ensure regular project status reporting to executive stakeholders.
- With support from facilities team, oversee processes and procedures to ensure that facilities are well maintained;
- Develop short and long-term facility operations and maintenance plans, including space planning, minor renovation projects, and preventative maintenance plans
- Manage in-house resources and service providers to ensure each location is fully operational including proper maintenance of all buildings and building systems, exterior grounds, janitorial, waste management and recycling, energy management systems, security, etc.
Office Safety Oversight
- Ensure compliance with building codes, OSHA, health and safety standards;
- Conduct periodic health & safety risk assessments, identifying potential areas of risk and directing corrective action plans as needed;
- Maintain up-to-date office safety procedures and training documents for office safety monitors, including contracting with third-party trainers as appropriate;
- Oversee security issues related to physical space and personnel.
Procure Office Resources
- Plan, organize, staff, and direct administrative services operations to ensure support levels meet corporate needs and customer requirements;
- Coordinate in house & outsourced site services functions including shipping/receiving, food services, space planning, moves/adds/changes, mail rooms, conference and copy services.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions:
- Force of Intellect – a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in remarkable academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.