Quartz is looking for a writer to join the Quartz Bot Studio in creating dynamic conversational experiences for text- and voice-based messaging platforms. Come work, play, and experiment on a team of a smart, generous, innovative people who are passionate about telling stories in new places.
This role is a full-time, one-year contract position with benefits.
- excellent communication skills
- ability to write clean, tight copy
Experience with or interest in developing expertise in:
- script-writing (e.g., for radio/video), writing for new technologies or in different forms
- using markup languages like HTML or basic logic/coding
- Work closely with Bot Studio team to learn, implement, and improve our best thinking on designing interaction and structuring stories for conversation.
- Join weekly brainstorm meetings and collaborate across editorial teams to build a smart, diverse, and complementary editorial calendar
- Report and write several stories a week, scripting conversations from 3-5 minutes in length
- Communicate progress and coordinate with the larger team
- Chat with and test new conversations before publishing
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.