The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Paid Distribution Strategist will play a critical role within our fast-paced revenue operations team, focused on the paid distribution strategy of our custom content across a plethora of clients and platforms. Your primary responsibility will be to strategize and oversee paid campaigns across a variety of platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pocket, YouTube, and more. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional work ethic, a willingness to pitch in wherever needed and an interest in digital advertising.
You will be successful in this role if you learn quickly, have experience meeting tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Trafficking, managing, monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing paid media campaigns across social and content distribution ad platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pocket.
- Working with customers to develop customized campaign strategies tailored towards their KPIs and translating those into executable tactics within the various ad platforms.
- Ensuring that all campaigns implemented correctly and efficiently, that tight deadlines are always met, and that execution is flawless.
- Keeping up with the latest paid distribution channel offerings, testing and evaluating new tactics to improve campaign strategies.
- Establishing and reporting on campaign metrics to deliver meaningful insights to customers.
- Working closely with the Creative Solutions and Media Planning teams to deliver consistent performance and constantly delight customers.
- Facilitate reconciliation of spend data for internal reporting and billing.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or professional experience in a related field
- Strong organizational, communication and office skills. Proven ability to be concise, effective and productive
- Exceptional work ethic—ability to proactively manage workload as well as perform well in a team environment
- An engaged and engaging lifelong-learner and acute-listener
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google docs. Facebook Ads Manager experience required. Familiarity with Google Analytics, Pocket, Twitter, and/or any DSP experience a plus.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.