Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights.
Atlantic 57 is the award-winning creative and consulting division of The Atlantic. We draw lessons from The Atlantic’s 162-year history to make organizations essential to their audiences, and our work is shaped by The Atlantic’s transformation from legacy brand to media pioneer. We bring together experts in journalism, audience research, design, communications, marketing, and product development to solve problems, advance important conversations, and be a force for good in the world.
Atlantic 57 is a fast-growing startup within an evolving, storied media brand. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative individual to develop client relationships and lead the growth of an emerging business. Title will be commensurate with experience. In this role, you will immerse yourself in the world of our clients, identify their challenges and aspirations, and match Atlantic 57’s capabilities to the right opportunities. You will in many ways be an ambassador for Atlantic 57 and The Atlantic brand – presenting our insights to the public, leading business development conversations, and ensuring a high-quality experience for our clients throughout the relationship.
- Build a portfolio of new business relationships and work with your colleagues to deepen those relationships over time
- Advise organizational leaders at top corporations and nonprofits on how Atlantic 57 and The Atlantic can address their communications, marketing, and digital media needs
- Cultivate an expertise on the latest trends in the media industry and the industries of our clients, whether it be health care, education, philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, or other sectors
- Present Atlantic 57’s media insights at conferences, networking events, and proposal pitches
- Develop and manage a list of high-quality prospect organizations and lead thoughtful outreach to their marketing and communications leaders
- Identify new market opportunities and shape an evolving set of Atlantic 57 product and service offerings to meet the needs of clients
- 9+ years of experience working in consulting firms or creative agencies, business development for a media organization, and/or marketing or communications for a brand
- Highly motivated leader with entrepreneurial leanings
- Competitive spirit that drives our team to win new business
- Fast, eager learner who is enthusiastic about collaborating with colleagues of different backgrounds and skills
- Passion for media and its capacity to help organizations achieve their goals
- Talent for public speaking in service of winning new business
- Experience working with senior-level clients at corporations and/or large nonprofits on thought leadership, content, and communications
- Interest in learning our project methodology and participating in project teams past point of sale
- Willingness to travel
- Existing network of marketing and communications leaders a plus
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.