Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s public sector division, providing authoritative information and analysis to managers across the federal, defense, and state & local sectors of government. GEMG serves Fortune 500 companies, emerging tech companies, and other clients through creating and executing best-in-class marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content services.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, and driven individual to join our team. The Brand Marketing Manager will be a critical player in achieving GEMG’s aggressive growth plans and will work very closely with senior management stakeholders.
- Sponsor marketing strategy and planning. Collaborate with senior leadership to define GEMG’s macro marketing objectives and apply best practices and ROI analysis to develop efficient marketing and communications plans to achieve those objectives.
- Strategic campaign building. Create both small and large scale marketing campaigns to address clients’ specific target goals. Work with all parts of the business to make the most cohesive program across digital advertising, events, research, and/or content marketing efforts (e.g., articles, videos, social, etc.)
- Prospect and lead development. Define and execute marketing strategies to reach new advertising client prospects and to drive in-bound inquiries and leads, including but not limited to email, out of home, and physical mail marketing campaigns.
- Marketing collateral and sales tools. Define, write and direct design of digital and printed marketing materials, media kits, and sales tools to support GEMG brand positioning and sales efforts.
- Advertiser-focused partnerships and trades. Develop strategic partnerships and trade agreements that drive brand visibility and generate leads in the government community.
- Market intelligence. Analyze federal government trends and issues as well as market conditions and competitor information to develop relevant and timely insights for use in marketing efforts.
- Promotional events. Develop and execute strategic advertiser events to increase interaction with key audiences in the sponsor community.
- Reporting and measurement. Monitor, review, and report on all marketing activities and results.
The ideal candidate has:
- Proven track record in developing successful cross-product marketing campaigns
- Exceptional writing skills, specifically in persuasive copywriting
- Creativity and a high degree of organization skills
- Poise and grace under pressure
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking; ability to understand and use relevant information about market issues and audience interests to develop compelling messaging
- Experience in government market or advertising agency preferred
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with relevant design software preferred (InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Atlantic Media Values:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. Please contact Privacy@AtlanticMedia.com if you have any questions.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.