Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, National Journal, and Quartz reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government.
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B-to-B division and the leading source of information and analysis for managers across the federal, defense and state and local sectors of government. Its media brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which hold market-leading positions and have fast-growing, digital-savvy audiences.
The Event Marketing Manager will be part of the growing Audience Marketing Team, and will report directly to the Managing Director of Audience Marketing & Digital Operations. The event marketing manager will oversee all event marketing across GEMG’s 150+ events, as well as oversee a team of event marketing associates. The marketing manager is responsible for executing marketing campaigns and strategies to drive audience to both editorial and client-facing events, both live and digital, local and nationally. This position will also work alongside GEMG’s Events division, AdOperations team, and Digital Marketing team.
- Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing all event marketing initiatives, including managing a team of marketing associates
- Develop engaging marketing campaigns that will increase audience awareness, meet event registration and in-person attendee goals, and grow overall event business
- Implement new and creative marketing strategies to drive attendance to events by local and nationally
- Work directly with clients to ensure target audience goals are being met
- Complete list research and secure new lists/prospects to develop audience for event marketing
- Employ email best practices for send times, subject lines, list segmentation, format and deliverability. Analyze open rates and click-through rates to shape email distribution strategy. Assist with copywriting and editing for emails.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of initiative, high quality and service standard, and ownership of work.
- Apply outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management and judgment, and the ability to manage complex operations in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of event marketing experience
- 1+ year of direct management experience preferred
- Experience in event marketing, audience marketing or government marketing preferred
- Proven track record in developing successful event marketing campaigns
- Exceptional writing skills, specifically in persuasive copywriting
- Exceptional client service and communication skills
- Creativity and a high degree of organization skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time while remaining poise and grace under pressure
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking; ability to understand and use relevant information about market issues and audience interests to develop compelling messaging
- HTML email marketing knowledge highly preferred
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with relevant design software preferred (Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Sailthru etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.