“Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Atlantic Media is in seeking to hire an in-house Management Coach to lead in-house training and development initiatives across our portfolio of brands. This individual will be chiefly responsible for spearheading our manager training efforts, overseeing the bi-annual review process, and providing one-on-one coaching for managers facing difficult management challenges.
- Designing, creating and revising training content, online learning modules, guides, and course materials;
- Delivering engaging and comprehensive training content to executives, management, employees and service partners;
- Providing one-on-one coaching to managers using customized training techniques and a collaborative approach;
- Ensuring compliance with training requirements mandated by local and federal jurisdictions;
- Overseeing the bi-annual review process across the organization;
- Where applicable, reviewing and evaluating training materials from prospective vendors.
The ideal candidate is:
- An impeccable communicator, with strong EQ and and relationship-building skills;
- Calm, cool, and collected, with a constitution that affords “grace under fire”;
- A strong believer that improvement is possible with the right attitude and coaching;
- Extraordinarily organized by nature, with keen attention to detail and honed prioritization skills;
- Proactive, with a propensity to take ownership and work independently;
- Convinced that high-quality journalism is fundamentally important and desires to help it thrive;
- An experienced manager and/or experienced in training and coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, National Journal, and Government Executive reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 55 million worldwide each month.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.