Who Are We?
The Atlantic has, for 160 years, been a rebel in the media space. We’ve never been afraid to challenge the status quo, from advocating for abolitionism—when it was still an unpopular idea—to exploring whether junk food might be the modern cure for obesity. And our creative marketing group, Atlantic Re:think, is no different: we create content, campaigns, and technology that constantly seek to push the limits of what’s possible. Perhaps that’s why AdAge called The Atlantic brand a “multi-platform juggernaut.”
Who Are You?
You’re a problem solver, tinkerer, and relish the idea of endless possibilities. Proud of what you can build and love showing others how to do it. You understand that it takes a team of people to create remarkable things but also ready to make a mark as an individual. And, professionally and personally, you possess:
- 1 - 2 years of front-end development experience and eager to learn more
- The ability to both “look up” and think conceptually and “look down” and execute exceptionally
- A calm, cool, and collected mind—a constitution that affords “grace under fire”—coupled with a personality inclined toward perpetual positivity and a sense of possibility
- A passion for the past, present and future of front-end web development and design.
- Strong CSS3 and HTML5 skills.
- Experience in adaptive/responsive web development and best practices
What Will You Do?
You’ll join The Atlantic’s marketing family: a small, passionate, scrappy group of idealists, realists, thinkers, and doers. In your role, you’ll be central in the building of bespoke digital experiences that range from articles, interactive experiences and digital products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating digital tools to help the team internally and externally
- Helping to concept and build new digital storytelling experiences
- Maintaining and growing our internal code library
- Working with the Atlantic's product team to evolve our content tools
Atlantic Media Values:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual integrity, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks those with natural disposition toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits, but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.