Atlantic 57 is The Atlantic’s fast-growing brand evolution agency. We bring the savvy of a world-renowned media company to Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, start-ups, and other media brands. Our team of strategists, researchers, writers, designers and engineers work together to create smart, substantive experiences that help leading brands endure, successfully engage their audiences and move their organizations and ideas forward.
Our expanding product team wants to bring on a driven UX Lead to help us deliver compelling, editorially focused digital products. The UX Lead understands our partner’s unique business requirements and technical objectives, and in partnership with cross-divisional teams conceives and conducts user research and translates them into sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, comps, and prototypes.
You should have strong interpersonal skills and professional experience working on a team with an agile design and development process. You are a good listener, curious, and have a passion for problem solving with a proven ability to motivate teams, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. You have a balanced understanding of design, strategy translation, usability, interaction and visual concepts across web, mobile, and other digital platforms. This role has advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions, and brand.
- Conceptualize solutions and partner with designers and engineers to create clear, usable interfaces
- Work closely with product managers and developers, and actively participate in all stages of the agile process to gather and develop product requirements
- Assist in planning and executing user research and usability testing to develop a comprehensive understanding of unmet needs, client workflows, etc. in order to ensure a great user experience and iterate upon it with user testing
- Lead collaboration between front-end development and product design teams
- Collaborate with product managers, editors, and strategists to transform product concepts and visions into design prototypes & specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience designing websites and web applications.
- Mastery of best practices in visual design, content strategy, and modular design systems and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to clients and internal stakeholders
- olid proficiency in Axure, Adobe XD + Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Principle and/or other visual design, prototyping, and wireframing tools
- Proficient in project management tools including JIRA, Smart Sheets, and Google Suite
- Agency, media, or consultancy experience is a plus.
- Manages ambiguity
- Customer focused
- Cultivates innovation
- Plans and aligns
- Drives vision and purpose
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.