Quartz is Uzabase’s ambitious and fast-growing global business news brand. We believe rigorous journalism can drive human progress, and so, our mission is to inform and inspire the leaders of the new economy.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Audience & Commercial Insights to join Quartz Insights, our new brand strategy and insights team, in New York. This role will be dedicated to supporting our sales and marketing teams by using insights to tell our unique brand story and drive advertiser interest in Quartz.
This position will report to the Director of Insights & Brand Strategy and oversee the Manager of Audience & Commercial Insights. It is global in scope.
You are a high-energy, fast-paced entrepreneur who helps guide our organization and clients into new spaces and big ideas through data-driven insights, delivering value while linking insights to commercial outcomes for Quartz. You are also a curious mind and inquisitive character; a doer with a proactive approach and drive to collaborate with teams and support the Director to produce great work.
You are a hands-on force who is passionate about Quartz: curious, intuitive and educated about our core audiences, and driven to help continue to build an intelligence and insights practice from the ground up.
You are passionate about marketing insights and obsessed with discovering opportunities for competitive advantage, for ourselves and our business partners.
Audience-based insights and ideas linked to commercial opportunities
- Collaborate with Analytics to identify data-driven insights that help construct a compelling story and demonstrate the strong performance of our content and marketing programs, validating how our technology platforms deliver, strongly, against key audience segments — ultimately articulating Quartz’s advantage in the marketplace
- Leverage audience insights to proactively develop products and intelligence that supports Sales in ongoing pitch efforts, humanizing high-value audience segments to create compelling, promotional collateral
- Own the development of trend reports, strategic narratives and presentations that help us articulate opportunities and ideas to make our clients smarter – leveraging Quartz’s 1st-party data and insights
- Ideate with the Director and Manager to identify and develop partnership opportunities across key markets and industries: Auto, B2B, Entertainment, Finance, Luxury, Technology, etc.
Thought leadership development
- Uncover opportunities to raise awareness of Quartz and reach the wider advertising, media and creative communities with industry thought leadership – to elevate our profile and open commercial tracks
- Produce compelling thought leadership and marketing collateral aimed at fostering ongoing dialogue with key industry partners and targets while also elevating Quartz’s profile in the industry — ensuring that it reflects Quartz’s unique perspectives and tone.
- Build and manage a thought leadership editorial calendar informed by marketing and sales priorities
- Plan, create, and deliver thought-provoking ‘obsessions,’ presentations, and proposals that demonstrate our deep understanding of client industries, challenges and opportunities
- Balance creativity with sharp and meaningful data-driven audience insights, grounding ideas in user habits and preferences by partnering with the Senior Manager of Audience & Commercial Insights
Support in the development of a Quartz brand research and insights practice
- Lead the development and execution of proprietary research projects that help build brand awareness and open channels for commercial opportunities. Included:
- Quartz Audience Survey
- Global Executive Study
- CMO Study
- High-value audiences
- Custom client research that delivers breakthrough insights
- Construct a unique point of view and compelling narrative to deliver custom research for clients, guiding them into new spaces and big ideas
- Lead brainstorms with the content, product and sales teams to explore partnership opportunities derived from these ideas
- Lead client research projects end-to-end — from supporting the Director in the development of pitch proposals, to outlying processes and innovative methodologies, to managing the research process — producing smart studies that reflect Quartz’s obsession with relevant topics and demonstrate our user-first approach to innovation
- Demonstrate and expose a deep curiosity and knowledge of client industries and opportunities, establishing competitive advantage for Quartz by linking this to audience intelligence and breakthrough human stories
- Establish strong relationships with clients through a compelling presentation manner and confidence and conviction in your ideas
Profile & collaboration
- Manage, train and motivate the Manager, Audience & Commercial Insights, partnering to establish a strong profile and voice on the business side of Quartz — an indispensable entrepreneurial, intellectual and creative force in internal conversations
- Partner with the Director to continuously evaluate the work and raise the profile of Quartz Insights, ensuring it is the go-to source for breakthrough intelligence for the business side of Quartz and our commercial partners, always finding ways to improve processes to operate efficiently and deliver stronger output
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Quartz Media LLC is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.