Atlantic 57 is the full-service digital consultancy of Atlantic Media. We launch media brands, create and execute content strategies, redesign websites and advise clients on how to thrive in a constantly evolving digital landscape. We put the savvy of a world-renowned media company to work for our clients.
As a hard-charging team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, researchers, and marketers, we help clients build powerful communities and create smart, substantive content, applying the cutting-edge practices of Atlantic Media’s own brands. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, fast-growing start-ups and other media brands. We work together to create meaningful journalism and engage influential audiences.
Our expert research team is growing. We are looking for curious and innovative researchers to support our clients and business development efforts. Through research, you will help clients to identify insights that advance their business and digital strategy goals.
You will be a member of the Atlantic 57 research team and collaborate with other teams across Atlantic 57 to create truly compelling digital experiences.
Details about this role are below, but please note that this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Over time, this role may change and grow depending on the needs of the organization.
- Support qualitative and quantitative research, including online and in-person focus groups, audience segmentation, and development of audience personas/typologies.
- Perform quality control checks at all phases of research, including fieldwork, data processing, and reporting
- Synthesize and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and communicate findings to non-research audiences.
- Support development of research frameworks and tools for both Atlantic 57 clients and The Atlantic.
- Collaborate with and support internal teams (Editorial, Product, Strategy, Marketing, Business Development).
- Manage research budgets and research suppliers.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
- 2-3 years’ experience (minimum) in public opinion research, preferably with a major marketing organization, research firm, or research supplier
- Expertise conducting primary qualitative and/or quantitative research among diverse audiences, including the general public, client lists, and B2B audiences
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail with an ability to communicate about research in a wide-ranging of environments
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.