Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, and National Journal reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 30 million worldwide each month. Atlantic Media is growing, evolving, and causing major disruption in the world of media.
Offering an entrepreneurial environment within a collegial, progressive workplace, Atlantic Media provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth across the fields of journalism, marketing, sales, business, research, and strategy.
Atlantic Media seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual to join our ranks as an Executive Assistant to the President and the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Communications.
- Provide administrative support for the President and the SVP of Communications
- Perform administrative tasks such as expense reporting, calendar management, filing, photocopying, telephone coverage, and miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, and travel arrangements
- Provide discreet, confidential handling of sensitive information
- Prepare the President and SVP of Communications for speaking engagements and other public events; conduct research, draft presentation materials and talking points, and coordinate logistics
- Draft and proof internal and external communications
- Liaise with all departments and businesses within Atlantic Media
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of administrative support experience
- Outstanding record of achievement in current/past positions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Confidentiality with sensitive material and communication
- Superior service ethic and grace under pressure
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management and judgment, and the ability to manage complex operations in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, high quality and service standard, and ownership of work
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability