About Government Executive Media Group:
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors.
The Sales Planner will play a critical role within our fast-paced advertising sales team, focused on managing campaigns and first-class client communication. Your primary responsibility will be to manage all stages of the sales process through constant coordination with your sales and marketing counterparts. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional work ethic, a willingness to pitch in wherever needed and proven interest in advertising strategy.
You will be successful in this role if you learn quickly, have professional experience meeting tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure.
Responsibilities for this role include:
Contract & Revenue Management
- Thoroughly understand the GEMG’s product offerings and maintain overall company pricing strategy.
- Collaborate with Pre-Sale Marketing & Sales teams to create compelling, competitive media plans and responses to RFPs; draft selected SOWs (Scopes of Work) and manage the review and iteration process with product and sales teams.
- Utilize reporting tools such as Salesforce and Adbook. Track site inventory and revenue pacing, coordinating with Sales to ensure revenue projections are accurate.
- Work closely with the sales team to better streamline the pre-sales processes
- Assist with the monthly financial close process for the Client Services team by coordinating efforts between product managers, finance, and accounting.
Internal Partner Management
- Work with internal partners (accounting, legal) to gather and complete vendor paperwork
- Facilitate in getting invoices in timely fashion when sales or client has requests
- Work with internal teams for approval on any legal documents/vendor form for non-strategic accounts.
- Monitor the competitive tracker and devise outreach strategies for missing business in conjunction with Publisher and sales team. Follow-up on all in-bound lead requests.
External Partner Management
- Partner with Ad Ops and Post-Sale Marketing teams on all aspects of campaign launch execution while managing client expectations through consistent correspondence including getting ad creative from client, setting up status calls, and keeping internal and external teams on track.
- Manage all post-campaign responsibilities — assist with monthly billing & reconciliation, create comprehensive recaps of campaigns, make recommendations for future campaigns, and capturing and sending client screenshots.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with work or internship experience in digital advertising or a related field
- Strong organizational, communication and office skills
- Proven ability to be concise, effective and productive
- Exceptional work ethic—ability to proactively manage workload as well as perform well in a team environment
- An engaged lifelong learner and acute listener
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google Docs. DoubleClick for Publishers and Salesforce or similar tools/databases required. Familiarity with Adbook a plus
Atlantic Media Values
Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability