Atlantic 57 is The Atlantic’s fast-growing digital agency. We bring the savvy of a world-renowned media company to Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, start-ups, and other media brands. Our team of strategists, researchers, writers, product managers, designers and engineers work together to create smart, substantive experiences that help leading brands engage their audiences and move their organizations and ideas forward.
We are looking for an innovative project-focused Product Manager to help us deliver compelling, audience-focused digital products. You should have strong interpersonal skills and professional experience working within a high-touch and regularly client-facing team. Fluency with agile project management, design and development processes is key. You are a good listener, curious, and have a passion for problem solving with a proven ability to motivate teams, prioritize tasks, communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and meet deadlines. You can artfully explain nuances, trade-offs, and uncover and articulate the “why’s”. The ideal candidate for this role has a solid understanding of and experience with user-centered design thinking and technical platform development.
- Organize, coordinate and execute project planning across the product development and delivery cycle
- Establish and communicate the goals, vision, and timeline for each product engagemen
- Conceptualize approaches and solutions, and partner with designers, researchers, strategists, and editors to create proposals, prototypes, and clear, usable interfaces
- Work closely with product managers and developers, and actively organize and participate in all stages of the agile process to gather, document, develop and validate product requirements
- Assist in planning and executing user research and usability testing to develop a comprehensive understanding of unmet needs, client workflows, etc
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the latest trends in the media industry and the industries of our clients and deploy this knowledge to make our client outreach and engagement more effective
- Skillfully drive collaboration between product design and development teams as well as directly with our clients
- Support and contribute to defining success and ensure that we are measuring it via project budgets, limiting scope creep, client satisfaction and team morale
- Document all aspects of your project planning and product cycle such that silos are nonexistent
- 3+ years of professional experience managing websites and web applications; a definite plus if you’ve had a hand in designing these
- Solid understanding of modular publishing systems, usability, and UX practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in project management tools including JIRA, Smart Sheets (or similar), and Google Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Figma and/or other visual design, prototyping, and wireframing tools
- Agency, media, start-up or consultancy experience is a plus
Atlantic Media offers competitive benefits, including choice in medical coverage, 401K matching, and unlimited vacation.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.