Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division and the leading source of information and analysis for public sector managers nationwide. Its media brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which hold market-leading positions and have fast-growing audiences. GEMG produces over 75 events each year and has exceptional capabilities in research and marketing services.
GEMG Events seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded professional to join our team and contribute to the growth, development, and execution of a wide range of events and programs. Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of previous event coordinating experience, preferably in a high-velocity, bottom-line focused industry.
- Plan and execute approximately 10 events annually ranging in size from intimate roundtables and briefings to large-scale, multi-day conferences, locally and nationally
- Serve as the event’s project manager, owning the logistics and overall management for all assigned events as well as the related day-to-day communications with: underwriters; internal executives, staff, and colleagues; relevant speakers and other program participants; vendors and other external partners
- Lead execution team development and on-site management for each event
- Development of event registration websites, Cvent experience a plus
- Meet or exceed budgetary goals through vendor contract negotiation and other creative cost efficacy measures
- Be an enterprising, entrepreneurial, and productive team contributor, constantly and eagerly identifying new means of innovation to grow GEMG’s impact with all constituents in advance of, on-site, and following each and every event produced
- Opportunity to additionally manage responsibilities and tasks based on interests and experiences
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives for an event
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and strategic partners
- Persuasive communication skills and self-possession in presentation
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to understand and negotiate contracts
- Flexibility and ability to push through indecision and ambiguity to deliver results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work
- True service ethic, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
- Interest in national affairs, politics, business, and the arts with knowledge of leading figures in each category
- Highest proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, notably Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.