Atlantic 57, the award-winning consulting division of The Atlantic, seeks a digitally savvy editor to lead daily operations for a client-sponsored news and analysis platform. The platform reaches a substantial international business audience, with a focus on global risk in areas such as the economy, technology, environment, geopolitics, and society.
The deputy editor is part of Atlantic 57’s editorial team, which partners with brands to create high-quality editorial platforms. This role works closely with an executive editor and an agile team of editors, strategists, and developers to solicit and edit contributor articles, write content for the platform, and oversee production of the website and newsletter. This role supports a long-standing, ambitious client partnership for Atlantic 57 and is an opportunity to work on a highly visible editorial brand among influential audiences.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in business and/or policy reporting, some experience working in a daily news operation, and excellent client management skills.
- Writing and editing business articles for a savvy professional audience
- Recruiting, editing, and managing submissions from high-profile contributors and thought leaders across industries
- Supporting the executive editor in maintaining journalistic standards and accuracy across the platform
- Developing editorial themes and story ideas and helping to manage an editorial calendar
- Helping to lead regular editorial planning calls with senior members of the client team
- Running the daily publishing operations for the platform
- Collecting and analyzing digital metrics to inform content planning and audience engagement efforts
- Working with the digital product team to oversee enhancement and optimization of the platform
- 4+ years of experience in digital media and communications, including at least 2 years within a newsroom or media organization
- Experience reporting and editing business news with a global focus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deep interest in smart and provocative business reporting and the opportunity to shape the thinking of senior executives
- Facility with content management systems and back-end platforms such as WordPress, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Photoshop, etc.
- An unyielding attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Operates independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Exhibits strong ethics and journalistic integrity, reflecting The Atlantic's core values
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial, intellectual, and positive spirit
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.