Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights.
Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, National Journal, and Quartz reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 30 million worldwide each month.
Atlantic Media Strategies (AMS) is The Atlantic’s fast-growing digital agency. We bring the savvy of a world-renowned media company to Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, fast-growing start-ups, and other media brands. Our team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, and marketers work together to create smart, substantive experiences—from major online transformations to clever editorial campaigns.
Details about this role are below, but please note that this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Over time, this role may change and grow depending on the needs of the organization.
- Strategic Territory Management
- Segment assigned territory to identify best prospects by market segment, financial quarter, policy initiatives
- Gather business intelligence on organizations, leads and qualified prospects
- Partner with senior-level colleagues to create customized outreach and marketing plans for assigned territories
Targeted Sales & Marketing Outreach
- Leverage best-practice strategic communication and marketing collateral via email and phone
- Deliver value proposition of Membership with prospective members to secure onsite meeting
- Manage sales campaign development, outreach and tracking
- Schedule sales meetings and conference calls with prospective members to achieve weekly and monthly goals
- Assist in pipeline management as prospects move through evaluation stages
- Work closely with Marketing team on campaigns, outreach, and events.
Team Logistics & Administrative Responsibilities
- Prepare background material and marketing collateral in advance of sales meetings and conference calls
- Ensure Salesforce contains accurate account details, sales activities, and contact information
- Coordinate transition from prospect to member by granting access to resources, invoicing and scheduling member orientation calls
- Participate in staff meetings and complete follow-up activities and assignments
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.