Atlantic 57 is The Atlantic’s fast-growing digital agency. We bring the savvy of a world-renowned media company to Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, start-ups, and other media brands. Our team of strategists, writers, designers and developers work together to create smart, substantive experiences that help leading brands engage their audiences and move their organizations and ideas forward.
The Designer will join a small but fast-paced team with a nimble attitude and an eye for the creative process. He/she will focus on designing and developing graphic assets and branded experiences for clients. He/she will work closely with marketers, content strategists, and dev teams to create beautiful functionally-rich experiences. This position will report to Atlantic 57’s Creative Director.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Obsessed with beautiful, functional design.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and enjoys working on a wide range of clients, as well as collaborating and taking initiative within the team.
- Fascinated with UX and UI, design systems, data visualizations, infographics, and motion graphics.
- Works in an collaborative creative environment to develop brand guidelines.
- Detail-oriented, love to share insight and learn, and have the ability to work within tight timelines across multiple project.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience working as a Graphic Designer or similar role.
- Fluency in Creative Suite, Sketch, and Invision
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest web trends and tools
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Brand experience a plus!
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS also a plus!
To Apply: Please include a link to an online portfolio that shows 5+ examples of web/product design. Candidates without an online portfolio or web-specific examples will not be considered.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.