The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Associate Sales Planner will play a critical role within our fast paced advertising sales team, focused on managing digital campaigns and first-class client communication. Your primary responsibility will be to manage all stages of the sales process through constant coordination with your sales and marketing counterparts. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional work ethic, a willingness to pitch in wherever needed and proven interest in digital advertising strategy.
You will be successful in this role if you learn quickly, have professional experience meeting tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Collaborate with Pre-Sale Marketing & Sales teams to create compelling and competitive media plans; provide data-driven & creative advertising solutions to meet client KPIs and objectives
- Thoroughly understand the Atlantic’s product offerings and maintain overall company pricing strategy
- Provide outstanding customer service both externally—to our clients and potential clients—and internally to the Sales Reps you support. Serve as a trusted advisor for our Sales Team — assist with day-to-day client questions, provide insightful recommendations and think critically when revising proposals to respond to client requests
- Utilize reporting tools such as Salesforce, Adbook and internal databases. Manage site inventory and track revenue pacing, coordinating with Sales to ensure revenue projections are accurate
- Partner with Ad Ops and Post-Sale Marketing teams on all aspects of campaign launch execution while managing client expectations through consistent correspondence
- Continuously monitor campaign delivery and performance; utilize ad server & ad tech solutions (DFP, Moat, DoubleVerify, IAS, Grapeshot, etc) to analyze, troubleshoot & optimize campaigns; coordinate with Ad Ops to implement both back and front-end optimizations to ensure campaign success
- Manage all post-campaign responsibilities — assist with monthly billing & reconciliation, create comprehensive recaps of campaigns, make recommendations for future campaigns
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with work or internship experience in digital advertising or a related field
- Strong organizational, communication and office skills. Proven ability to be concise, effective and productive
- Exceptional work ethic—ability to proactively manage workload as well as perform well in a team environment
- An engaged and engaging lifelong-learner and acute-listener
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google docs. Experience with Google Ad Manager, Salesforce, AdBook or similar tools/databases a plus
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.