National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. Best known as one of Washington’s most trusted media brands for nearly 50 years, our expertise is unmatched with teams of specialists dedicated to government affairs, communications, and political research, in addition to exceptional journalism. Our mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights, and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency, and deliver success.
We are currently seeking highly driven, bright, entrepreneurial individuals with a passion for sales and strategic thinking to join our team. The Junior Sales Executive position will play a critical role within our fast-paced sales team focused on growing revenue for National Journal Presentation Center.
The Junior Sale Executive will:
- Run all aspects of selling and brand awareness for a defined territory in order to grow Presentation Center revenue
- Partner with scheduling support staff to prospect and identify strong opportunities in your territory
- Cultivate positive relationships through a consultative process involving on-site meetings and presentations to decision makers within DC’s premier public policy organizations
- Support clients in the evaluation process as they understand how our solutions address their specific needs
- Aspire to grow professionally through coaching, and in turn be willing to provide coaching to support staff they are partnered with
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of qualified accounts and active evaluations
- Keep an accurate log of account details, sales activities, and contact information using a CRM platform (Salesforce)
- Provide market feedback to help tailor and refine the Presentation Center service
- Coordinate seamless on-boarding of new clients with the Account Management team by providing comprehensive service plans and scheduling client orientations
- Represent the National Journal brand on client presentations and at events in a positive, substantive and enthusiastic manner
- Embody an entrepreneurial spirit, service ethic, generous nature, and gracious sense of humor
We are looking for individuals who have:
- 1-3 years of experience of consultative sales experience with a demonstrated track record of hitting and exceeding revenue targets
- A willingness to conduct live sales meetings in Washington, DC
- An interest in the evolving advocacy and policy market
- Ability to build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under pressure
- Propensity to ask probing questions to match the prospect's challenges with National Journal’s services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving and time management
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage a busy pipeline and meeting calendar
- Competitive spirit and results-oriented
- Hit individual goals while staying invested in the team’s larger revenue success
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree (political science, politics, public policy, international studies, business, and history majors preferred)
What National Journal offers you:
- On-the-job experience, bi-weekly professional training and leaders who personally invest in staff career development
- Clear career paths and professional development opportunities; we prioritize promoting and hiring from within
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, discounted gym memberships, volunteer programs and tuition assistance
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.