About Government Executive Media Group:
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
We are seeking a web developer to build new products for our digital publications: govexec.com, nextgov.com, defenseone.com, routefifty.com across desktop and mobile as well as our custom Python/Django CMS.
The ideal candidate will be interested in building elegant and intuitive web-based applications and products for a growing media company as well as being comfortable working within a team of web developers.
- Collaborating with a team of developers, project managers, designers and reporters to create products that change the way people consume and share news.
- Initiate new products and technologies to serve our audience and advertisers.
- Manage strategic projects, technical analysis, quality assurance & release management.
- Develop a variety of products using different operating systems and development languages.
- Continuous learning of new languages and technologies!
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Web development experience in a high velocity environment.
- Detailed knowledge of web application development as well as relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Proven hands-on experience with web application frameworks such as Django, Rails, etc.
- Experience with Python preferred but will train for the right candidate.
- Experience with mobile development is a plus.
- Organizational and analytical skills, with strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.