About Atlantic Media:
Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, National Journal, and Quartz reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 30 million worldwide each month.
Offering an entrepreneurial environment within a collegial, progressive workplace, Atlantic Media provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth across the fields of journalism, marketing, sales, business, research, and strategy.
Atlantic Media is looking for an analyst who will assist in both standard reporting of digital metrics and audience development for all Atlantic Media brands. The analyst will split his or her time between analytics reporting and analyzing the efficacy of audience development efforts.
This person will be housed in the corporate analytics team and liaise with stakeholders in each business unit. The analyst will help measure audience metrics and make recommendations of best practices in audience development. The analyst will also review and monitor the practices of external websites in order to gain a better understanding of current content-sharing trends. Reports to the Director of Digital Analytics, Atlantic Media.
- Collaborate with digital product, editorial, and marketing teams across Atlantic Media’s digital properties, providing analysis of strategic initiatives and visitor behavior to improve our sites’ design, content, and distribution
- Conduct A/B tests of on-site content, site design elements, social media promotion, newsletters, etc.
- Work daily in Omniture/SiteCatalyst/Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
- Use Microsoft Excel to analyze large datasets
- Periodically present findings and results to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Monitor and retrieve frequently requested data points
- Help maintain off-line analytic databases
- Define and implement custom reports for internal constituents
- Assist with troubleshooting problematic data points identified within analytic tools
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in marketing analysis and tools/techniques
- Understand relevant technology applications in their area
- Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Beginner-or-higher-level familiarity with a statistical analysis package (STATA, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience building quantitative models
- Strong quantitative skills
- Public speaking
- Ability to explain quantitative analysis to a non-quantitative audience
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter, but also a team player
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work with various constituents
- Strong internal client service skills
- Able to work in fast paced environment where flexibility is key and directions can change frequently
- Strong interest in journalism
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Omniture preferred, but not required
- BA/BS degree required
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions:
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later success in a professional environments.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.