Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
Targeted Sales & Marketing Outreach:
- Leverage best-practice strategic communication and marketing collateral via email and phone
- Deliver value proposition to prospective clients by securing phone and onsite meetings
- Lead marketing campaign follow up, outreach and tracking
- Schedule sales meetings and conference calls with prospective clients to achieve weekly and monthly goals
- Coordinate data collection for sales presentations
- Assist in pipeline management as prospects move through evaluation stages
Team Logistics & Administrative Responsibilities:
- Ensure Salesforce contains accurate account details, sales activities, and contact information
- Participate in staff meetings and complete follow-up activities and assignments
- Coordinate all post sales process both internally and externally (competitor selection, briefing schedules, data cuts, etc)
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- 2+ years of post-graduate sales and marketing experience tied to revenue goals
- Proven record of goal or performance-based achievement in current/past positions
- Entrepreneurial initiative to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Sophisticated and polished verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic driven by creativity, persistence and tenacity
- Ability to thrive in an organized and routine driven team environment
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas -- At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity -- Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.