National Journal, the premium provider of insightful reporting, essential research and intelligence tools for those operating in Washington’s policy and government arenas, seeks a forward-thinking, results-driven Marketing Operations Specialist to join our marketing and communications team.
The Marketing Operations Specialist will work in our marketing automation software to manage National Journal’s email communications and deliverability strategy and ensure that members are getting the full value of their membership and to attract new members through marketing campaigns.
You will be a part of a growing and high-energy team focused on serving and delivering value to public policy organizations. National Journal serves over 1,000 of Washington’s top organizations through its research services, membership, editorial, and event platforms.
Who are you?
You enjoy multi-tasking, are strategic, and can balance requests against the needs of an organization. You have a creative spirit and a passion for digital communication. We’re looking for someone who is continuously dedicated to improving National Journal’s email strategy.
The Marketing Operations Specialist will:
- Play a key role in optimizing National Journal’s email communications by collaborating with teams across the company to optimize all digital communications.
- Manage an email distribution calendar to ensure we’re reaching our clients and marketing prospects at ideal times.
- Build targeting strategies for engagement campaigns and nurture series within marketing automation software.
- Build and manage smart lists for targeted email campaigns to clients and prospects, including consideration of subscription management preferences, list segmentation, and trigger campaign management.
- Manage a lead scoring model and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate A/B testing of various email features and attributes.
- Employ email best practices for send times, subject lines, list segmentation, format and deliverability.
- Analyze open rates and click-through rates to shape email distribution strategy.
- Assist with copywriting and editing for emails.
- Work with teams to develop marketing assets, such as landing pages and elements for digital marketing campaigns.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working in marketing automation software, Marketo preferred.
- Experience working with CRMs, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- An analytical, data-driven mindset, with the ability to derive actionable insights from data (A/B testing, analyzing email deliverability/open/click metrics, using Google Analytics).
- Skilled in best practices for reaching audiences through digital media channels (e.g. how to improve deliverability, how to best personalize email content, email template design, creating strong calls-to-action, writing compelling subject lines, etc.).
- Sharp copywriting and editing skills, especially for email subject lines.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong technical and digital media skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with multiple teams.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions:
- Force of Intellect – Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance, and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity – Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.