Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial, innovative, and driven individual to join our research team. You will be responsible for executing research-driven campaigns sponsored by our blue chip client base (75%), as well as supporting internal research efforts for our editorial and audience development teams (25%). This position reports directly to Government Executive’s Director of Research & Strategic Insights.
The Research Analyst Will:
- Design and execute research surveys to federal, state, and local government employees. Surveys will cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Technological innovation/ IT/ Cybersecurity/ Artificial Intelligence
- Defense and national security
- State & local management
- Government contracting market
- Competitive brand marketing analyses
- Plan and conduct first-hand qualitative research, including expert interviews and secondary research
- Write and compile a variety of research deliverables; including reports, white papers, infographics, and articles that summarize findings through prose and data visualizations
- Manage and analyze large quantities of data (e.g. survey results, qualitative responses, etc.)
- Present and explain research findings to clients, colleagues, and the government audience, with opportunities to speak at live events and online webcasts
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years post-undergraduate or graduate experience, or related research experience
- Superior writing skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Excellent quantitative and data management skills, including statistical analysis and experience creating graphical representations of data. Preferred familiarity with statistical methodology and tools (e.g. SAS, R, Stata, SPSS).
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Preferred experience conducting surveys and/or qualitative research interviews
The job is based in Washington, D.C.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.