Quartz is a digitally native news outlet launched by Atlantic Media in September 2012 to serve as a digital guide to the new global economy for people excited by change. Quartz is user-first, optimized for the changing media habits of busy executives, and reaches audiences across multiple platforms:
QZ.com, our flagship property built mobile-first for social distribution
Quartz chat app, available on Android and iOS named an Apple App Store best of 2016
Atlas, our platform for the creation and discovery of charts
Daily Brief, our flagship morning newsletter for busy executives
Quartz content is also available on platforms like Flipboard, Apple News, Pocket, Google AMP, YouTube, and Facebook Watch
In 2017, Quartz introduced two new brands to the Quartz family: Quartz at Work (a guide to leading, building and navigating the modern workplace) and Quartzy (a guide to living well in the global economy). We focus on what matters to our users, build into the forms that fit into their lives, and keep innovation and technology at the core of all that we do.
As an Account Director your primary responsibility is to drive and grow revenue with new and existing partners by servicing several categories & territories including clients in the DC market and brands in the education & travel categories on the east coast.
The Account Director will:
- Develop new relationships at all levels with client and agency partners
- Manage existing relationships with clients through a consultative process involving on-site meetings and presentations with client and agency decision makers
- Build a thorough understanding of client business challenges and identify ways in which Quartz’s advertising products and services can provide value
- Develop and deliver winning programs and proposals that lead to lasting and commercially successful partnerships with a focus on creative, solutions-oriented ideas
- Inform ongoing and developing business strategy through deep knowledge and understanding of the market, categories, advertising business, and trends
- Serve as a representative of the Quartz brand in a positive, informed, and enthusiastic manner
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in digital advertising sales with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to win
- Category experience and existing relationships on both agency and client side
- Ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals
- Outstanding professional record of achievement
- Strong interest in global business, high-quality content and digital media
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building lasting relationships internally and externally
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.