We are looking for an Editor, Branded Content to join the Quartz Creative* team.
We’re seeking someone who is: curious and creative; skilled at distilling complex topics into engaging and useful content; and enjoys the challenge of flexing storytelling styles to create content from various brands’ perspectives. The ideal candidate will have a natural fascination around all things related to the new global economy, particularly the effect of tech on daily life around the globe. Bonus if you have experience creating podcasts, videos, comics, infographics, or data visualizations.
- Leading campaigns across verticals: Proactively pitch concepts and serve as client-facing expert and guide to subject matter. Position will cover a wide array of industries, including tech, finance, automotive, business services, and luxury
- Writing: Lead or contribute to various writing projects, including: pitch concepts, articles, video scripts, podcasts, infographics, interactives, and other content related to the topics above; candidate must be capable of writing from a variety of perspectives as well as have a keen sense of the Quartz voice
- Management of freelancers: Managing, editing, and recruiting freelancers; overseeing a network of freelance subject matter specialists
- Research and awareness of current trends relevant to our audience of global professionals: serve as resource to team and clients, and proactively present ideas for timely executions that would appeal to this audience
- Presale: Research and concepting for above sectors, contributing to RFPs, pitching ideas to clients
* Quartz Creative is the in-house creative shop at Quartz. We help brands make interesting and effective “things” for people, designed for the ways they live and experience media. We’re part of the Quartz family (qz.com, Daily Brief, Quartz App, Quartz AI, Quartz Bot Studio). We put the user at the center of our thinking, and our work.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.