Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. The Account Manager is responsible for managing a sales territory and developing and maintaining client relationships across GEMG’s digital publication and live events.
The Account Manager will:
- Manage a sales territory to meet and exceed all monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Articulate the editorial ambition and audience demographics of all media properties (digital and events)
- Develop and executing strategic advertising and marketing plans for clients by understanding and exploring client marketing strategies and objectives
- Cultivate strong relationships with key client decision-makers
- Develop new relationships with potential clients
- Maintain accurate sales forecasts, and tracking performance accordingly
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Professional experience in applicable fields, such as account management, sales, or member services preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of customer/member service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong academic record from a leading college or university
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas -- At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity -- Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.