The Media Planner will play a critical role within the fast-paced, start-up like CityLab, managing all media and native campaigns as well as providing first-class client communication. Your primary responsibility will be to manage all stages of the campaign from sales, through campaign set-up and optimization to post-campaign. Throughout, you will be in constant coordination with your sales and marketing counterparts as well as with the client.
You will be successful in this role if you excel at interacting with clients, are willing to do whatever needs to get done and want to be a part of building an up and coming media brand.
- Campaign management
- Manage pre-sale process: Gather sales materials, utilize research data and tools, create compelling and competitive media plans.
- Set up campaigns: Process contracts and orders, communicate with client to gather creative, book inventory in DFP.
- Optimize campaigns: Monitor 3rd party ad delivery and proactively manage day-to-day issues, monitor live programs, create weekly reports on from social and traffic platforms, recommend real time optimizations to ensure success.
- Manage post-sale process: reconcile all billing and invoices, create comprehensive recaps of campaigns, make recommendations for future campaigns, provide insights and data to clients/agencies.
- Customer Service
- Provide outstanding customer service both externally, to our clients and potential clients, and internally to the sales team.
- Build solid customer relationships and act as a point person for standard client questions.
- Assist Sales Reps
- Utilize reporting tools such as Salesforce, DFP and internal databases for the Sales Rep.
- Partner with sales rep in completing RFPs and processing and submitting IOs.
- Liaise with internal partners on behalf of the Sales Rep, to enhance proposals to clients.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with work or internship experience in digital advertising or a related field.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Organization, communications and office skills. Proven ability to be concise, effective and productive.
- Exceptional work ethic: ability to proactively manage workload, as well as perform well in a team environment.
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail and Google docs. DART for Publishers and Salesforce or similar tools/databases.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.