The Atlantic has, for 160 years, been a rebel in the media space. We’ve never been afraid to challenge the status quo, from advocating for abolitionism—when it was still an unpopular idea—to exploring whether junk food might be the modern cure for obesity. And our creative marketing group, Atlantic Re:think, is no different: we create content, campaigns, and technology that constantly seek to push the limits of what’s possible. Perhaps that’s why AdAge called The Atlantic brand a “multi-platform juggernaut.”
We're looking for a Designer to join The Atlantic’s marketing family: a small, passionate, scrappy group of idealists, realists, thinkers, and doers. In your role as part of a larger design team, you’ll be helping to design bespoke, digital experiences that range from articles and interactives, to innovative ad products.
Who you are:
You’re a creative problem solver, with a strong design background who pays attention to the details, and also relishes the idea of endless possibilities. You work well with others and can communicate ideas clearly. And, professionally and personally, you possess:
● Expert knowledge of typography and typographic principles
● Expert knowledge of the basic design tools in the Adobe Creative Suite
● The ability to both “look up” and think conceptually and “look down” and execute exceptionally
● A calm, cool, and collected mind—a constitution that affords “grace under fire”—coupled with a
personality inclined toward perpetual positivity and a sense of possibility
● A passion for the past, present and future of design on the web and in print and a willingness to learn new things every day
● Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and those with disabilities.